Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Can You Feel It?

Worship. 
to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion

 In my life I have sung many different kinds of music. As a singer in a secular band, we play blues, classic rock, etc. But the music of my heart is worship music. When I am singing with the band, I am aware of the audience and feed off of their energy. It is a push-pull concept. When I am worshiping, I am only aware of Jesus. I lose everything around me ~ it becomes obsolete. It is as if I have been transported to the throne. 
The feeling of being fully engulfed in worship is the most amazing, satisfying, humbling... there are not enough words to describe the emotions.  My idea of heaven is singing to The Father 24/7, 365. There is nothing like it. It is raw emotion and submission. My goal is to live my entire life the way I feel when I am worshiping Him. 



I am a bit of a control freak. Not really bad, but I could use some work. My prayer is that I can fully and completely submit to His will, lay it all down and go where He leads me. Don't ever let anyone tell you this is easy. If they tell you that, they are not being truthful. As humans, we have free will. He gave us choice. I choose to follow Christ and worship Him with all of my heart and soul. The song below has special meaning for me, and for those of you that follow my blog, you know that music is an integral part of my being. But in this stage of my life, I need to remember that with God, all things are possible. All things. Are possible.




Friday, February 11, 2011

Getting Stronger


I know that a large part of this business is rejection. Paying your dues. Blah blah blah. It is so hard to be rejected. Sometimes it makes me question if this is the right path for me. But then I remember that it is not in my time, but His.

Sometimes God has bigger things in mind. Mandisa didn't win American Idol, but now she is an amazing CCM artist. Michael Jordan didn't make his high school basketball team his sophomore year. Babe Ruth struck out more times than he hit home runs. So who am I to question anything? Whatever His plans are for me, God will lead me to them. If they turn out to be what I desire, great! If not, I am sure they will be much better than I can even imagine!

 It is only human to be disappointed when you do not reach a goal, or get rejected in the process. This song by Mandisa is so fitting for me right now;

When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger
Stronger
The pain ain’t gonna last forever
Things can only get better
Believe me this is gonna make you
Gonna make you stronger 
 

What great words of comfort and hope! I am so grateful that I have a God that will allow me to fail because it will make me stronger in the end. I can choose to give up, or try even harder. That is my choice. But He is always there with me, every step of the way. I think I am gonna keep trying, in His name.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment